Start of Semester: Introduction
This section of the knowledge base will provide a checklist to ensure your Blackboard site is ready to engage new students for the upcoming academic year or semester. It is designed to give advice both for creating new sites and dealing with sites that have copied over from previous years.
The articles below provide a summary of the steps you should take when setting up your Blackboard site for the new semester.
1. Get access to your site
2. Enrol staff
3. Determine how the site will be used and communicate that to students
4. Add a welcome announcement
5. Add contact details for staff
6. Add and update content
7. Set up any online assessments or grades/feedback
8. Set up any discussion forums and groups
9. Make sure your students can access the site