How do I record audio and video feedback directly in the Blackboard Grade Centre?
You can embed audio and video recordings with text-based feedback on any gradable item in Blackboard (such as assignments, grade columns, wikis, blogs, discussions, tests).
Before you begin creating audio and video feedback, please note and consider the following:
- The feature is only supported when using Chrome or Firefox on a desktop PC or laptop. It will not work on other browsers or mobile browsers.
- You will need a built-in or external microphone or headset for audio-only recordings. In addition you will need access to a built-in or external webcam for video recordings.
- The maximum length of each recording is five minutes. However, you can create multiple recordings against each submission or attempt.
- Recordings can only be created from the ‘microphone icon’ in the Feedback to User editor on the Grade Details page or via the Full Content Editor in the Grading Panel. Recordings cannot be created from the Feedback to User editor in Rubrics.
- If students have submitted work online and you wish to review this in Box View at the same time as creating the recording, you will need to login and open the work using:
- a different browser on the device you are using, or
- a new incognito or private window in Chrome or Firefox on the device you are using, or
- a separate device (e.g. laptop, tablet)
- We recommend that before you begin recording feedback that you practice with a short audio or video recording to check sound. You can delete this recording.
- Feedback recordings are unique to each student’s submission. You and your students cannot download, share, or reuse recordings created in the feedback editor.
- Recordings can only be played back online. Recordings can be played on most modern browsers without any additional plugins or extensions.
Follow these instructions to begin recording.