How do I make Collaborate available to my students?
There are two ways to make Collaborate available to students on your modules:
- Copy the guest link for the session and paste it into your content in the appropriate place within the module. Note: this will make it more difficult to track student engagement with Collaborate.
- Add a link to Collaborate to the module menu. Note: this will allow students to see and access all sessions, as well as view recordings.
To add a link to the menu:
- Open the 'Add menu item' menu by hovering the cursor over the icon above the side menu.
- Click 'Tool Link'.
- Add a name for the link and set the type to 'Blackboard Collaborate Ultra'.
- Tick the 'Available to Users' box and click Submit.
- Reposition the new menu item by dragging it to the desired place in the list.
The following video shows this process: