Introduction to MyHallam
MyHallam is Sheffield Hallam University's student portal, through which students access all the information you they need about Sheffield Hallam, as well as access to tools like Blackboard, email, My Student Record and their timetable.
Staff also use MyHallam - mainly for accessing Blackboard sites, though they can also see the full range of information.
For students MyHallam is arranged into seven tabs:
- Home: key news and information from the other six areas.
- New Students: full of guides, tips and advice for students who are coming to Sheffield Hallam for the first time.
- Study: "How to" guides for everything from Blackboard and assessments to study skills and referencing, as well as information about how to access and understand your timetable, assessments and results.
- IT and library: Library Gateway (search the entire catalogue of online and offline reference material available to all students), book a PC or study space on campus.
- Development opportunities: information on how to get even more out of your time at Hallam. Opportunities to work or study abroad, get involved with voluntary work or student representation or find a part time job that supports and complements your studies.
- University life: brings together the social and community aspects of life at Hallam. News about events happening on campus, sports and fitness, your Students Union and societies. Information and advice on accommodation, eating on campus and Sheffield and the surrounding area.
- Final year and beyond: support for dissertations, final exams and assessments and advice on moving into the world of work or further study. Study skills and wellbeing tips, careers advice and job opportunities along with graduation information, alumni benefits and more.
There is also an excellent search facility, to help you find answers to all sorts of things, including:
- How to print in the Learning Centres or to book a PC
- Where you should leave your bike or find a cash machine on campus
- Who students can talk to when they need help, or where to find a doctor
Watch the Welcome to MyHallam screencast.