Guidance for requesting changes to assessment information
Please follow the guidance below if you need to correct or request changes to assessment information.
Any approved changes will be in line with the Principles for setting coursework submission dates and the online submission of coursework for 2021/22.
If you need to change an assessment deadline, please ensure you pass this request through your departmental processes first. After this has been checked, then email your College Head of Teaching and Learning Enhancement directly confirming that the department has agreed the change. Heads of College TLE are:
- BTE: Lucian Tipi (L.Tipi@shu.ac.uk)
- HWLS: Mel Lindley (M.Lindley@shu.ac.uk)
- SSA: Emma Heron (E.J.Heron@shu.ac.uk)
If your request is approved:
- Academic Administration will be responsible for updating the deadline is SITS.
- It is your responsibility to amend the due date and extend the availability of the submission point in Blackboard. The availability of the submission point must be set to 49 calendar days after the deadline.
Feedback return date
The feedback return date is automatically calculated at 15 working days after the assessment deadline. You cannot separately request a change to the feedback return date.
Assessment submission title
Assessment submission titles are automatically generated using the task number and the assessment task description as approved in the module descriptor (e.g. 001 Written Assignment). If the assessment task description is incorrect, submit a modification via the Modify a Module option in the Curriculum Catalogue.
To request a change to an assessment weighting, submit a modification via the Modify a Module option in the Curriculum Catalogue.