What guidance is available for using the Feedback Turnaround Report?
Feedback Turnaround Report Guidance
Purpose of report
The report provides details on the turnaround of feedback* provided in Grade Centre and highlights that which has been provided within 15 working days and that which has not.
For all assessments in Blackboard, the report shows:
- the anticipated feedback release date
- the date that feedback was first released to students
- the number of working days between the assessment due date and the feedback first being released
- the number of students in the cohort for which feedback has been provided
The report provides a task summary at a faculty, department or module level, as well as a more detailed cohort level for each task.
*The report identifies any text comments, file attachments or completed rubrics in the Grade Centre against student papers and includes these in the feedback count, though no judgement is made as to whether these elements contain actual feedback nor as to its quality. It is unable to identify and count the number of student papers containing Box View/Crocodoc annotations.
Which modules/tasks is the report available for?
The report includes all assessments in Blackboard. Any formative assessments created manually in Blackboard will display alongside any summative tasks and sub-tasks automatically set-up as part of the automatic creation of submission points and grade columns.
The report pulls assessment information (task name and due date†) from Blackboard. Inaccuracies may be reported by users when it is claimed the due date is incorrect e.g. when the due date for an assessment has been updated in SITS but not in Blackboard, or where the name of the grade column is changed and no longer matches the corresponding assignment.
†Due date from Blackboard is overridden in certain circumstances by due date from SITS (e.g. extensions).
How up to date is the report?
The data in the report refreshes overnight. This means that any information about feedback will not appear on the report until after 9am the following morning after the feedback has been released.
How to access the report
- It is recommended that the report is accessed using Internet Explorer. It will not load results when using Google Chrome.
- The report can be accessed from University Reporting Assessment Reports or at go.shu.ac.uk/feedbackreport.
How to run the report
- Select your Faculty, followed by any further detailed level breakdown such as Department. You can also filter by:
- Course ID – displays Blackboard site IDs for modules in the Faculty (or selected Department)
- Module – displays module ID and names for modules in the Faculty (or selected Department)
- Anticipated Feedback From Date and Anticipated Feedback To Date – to show only assessments with feedback due to be released between specific dates
- Assessment From Date and Assessment To Date – to show only assessments with due dates between specific dates
- Working Days To First Feedback – to show assessments where feedback has been released ‘Within 15 days’, ‘Over 15 days’, or those where there is ‘No assessment date’ specified
- Academic Year - can currently only report on 2017/8 assessments
- Click View Report to run the report. If you make any amendments to any filtering options, you will need to click View Report again to refresh the report.
When the report is run, the following fields will be displayed in the summary view:
|Department||Identifies the department and faculty|
|Course ID||Blackboard site ID for the module|
|Module Leader||Name of the module leader|
|Module Code||Module code|
|Module Name||Module name|
|Linked BB||Indicates if the module is linked to another module in Blackboard|
|Assessment title||Name of the assessment task|
|Assessment Due Date||The due date for the task|
|Anticipated Feedback Release Date||
The date when feedback should be made available to students. This is automatically calculated as 15 working days following the due date
|First Date Feedback Added to Grade Centre||The date when feedback was first entered or uploaded in Blackboard|
|Last Date Feedback Added to Grade Centre||The date when feedback was last entered or uploaded in Blackboard|
|Date Feedback First Released to Students||
The date when the grade column in Blackboard was made available to students
The number of students in the cohort
|Total Feedback Provided||
The number of students in the cohort for which feedback has been entered or uploaded
A ‘red, amber, green’ colour scheme describing:
Search results can be sorted by ‘Assessment Due Date’ or ‘Anticipated Feedback Release Date by the chevron in these field headings.
A detailed breakdown showing the status of feedback for each student in the cohort can be accessed by clicking on the Course ID link (this will display results for all students and all tasks and sub-tasks in the module) or on the Assessment Title link (this will display results for students for that task or sub-task only)
Results can be exported using the ‘Export’ option.
If you have any queries please contact Stuart Hepplestone in LEAD.