How do I share files with students through ATLAS?
In addition to sharing Pebble+ workbooks and templates, ATLAS can be used to share files with students. This is done through the 'Resources' section of the workspace. Panels can be created to help organise resources and uploaded files and Pebble+ resources can share the same panel.
- Open the relevant workspace and click the 'Resources' button at the top of the page.
- Find the panel that you want to add a file to and click the leftmost of the three buttons in its header.
- Click the 'Upload a new file' button towards the top of the page.
- Click 'Select file' and browse your computer for the file you want to upload. Click 'Open' when you have selected the file.
- Add a title and description for the file.
- Configure any other settings.
- Click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page.
One of the settings for uploaded files is particularly worth knowing about.
Permissions for the file
- View / Use only - requires the student to access the file from ATLAS, though they can download a copy as they would for any other file on the web.
- Copy only - allows students to click a button to copy the file into their own Pebble+ account so that they can access and edit it from there.
- Copy & submit only - allows students to copy the file into Pebble+ but also automatically submits it back to ATLAS so that you can see any changes they make to the file.